Wednesday, June 1, 2016

PC-TPE



I bought a spool of PC-TPE from my favorite local shop, it wasn't easy to find and a bit expensive (55$ for 1Lb = 0.45Kg) but I've read very good reviews.

I always wanted to print a flexible filament, but I couldn't use TPU/Ninjaflex because my Kossel XL has a Bowden extruder. A flexible filament compresses and gets stuck in the hose between the extruder motor and the hot end. This PC-TPE, produced by Taulman3D looks solid like ABS in the spool but it's flexible once printed. This means that it can be printed with a Bowden extruder. I'm very happy with the results. The printed part is not elastic like rubber, but it's flexible and it can be designed to be elastic, like this bracelet.

The bond between layers is very strong, the part keeps the original shape and goes back to it after it's been stretched or squeezed. I printed it using the same settings of ABS.
It would be perfect to make tracks for a tank or robot.
You can buy it here: www.3dprintergear.com.au

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete